I would like to introduce you to Apex Trader Companion 1.21 - this little tool makes it easy to display and document a good amount of statistical data related to your bot, which allow you to keep track of Apex’s long term performance.
- ATC is not an official tool or belongs to Apex Trader Ltd.
- Sheets are already filled with sample data giving you an idea of what they should look like in the end
- Over time, there may be inconsistencies with the allocation results (only) as all data previously entered by the user has already been rounded by Apex and ATC doesn’t access Binance to sync data. Therefore allocation results calculated by ATC are always below Apex’s actual allocation, so you should be safe. Furthermore you can adjust and fix it manually at any point (see Manual Allocation below)
- Please do not edit !data… sheet
ATC fetches its live data directly from Binance (+Binance Jersey) via the Cryptofinance plugin and GoogleFinance service only. Due to changes in the update mechanism, all you have to do now is enter your data, select your preferred fiat currency and check / uncheck “Refresh Data?” box.
- Make a Copy of Apex Trader Companion 1.21 sheet
Note: If no data is loaded, please refer to the CryptoFinance Workaround article at the end of this post
- Enter Deposits in Depot worksheet
- Set Base and enter Total Base Allocation per Bot
- Set preferred Bot Allocation
- Choose preferred Fiat currency
- Enter daily Performance Data in Bot worksheet (B1, B2, …)
Check / uncheck “Refresh Data?” box in Depot worksheet to update data and calculations. Please only click once as every time you check / uncheck the box ATC sends a data request.
Just wait until all the data has been loaded
Before you enter performance data, you should know that only color highlighted cells () are to be filled by the user. These cells are input-only fields. All other cells are considered as output-only fields. Just follow this guide and you’re good to go…
- Go to the Depot worksheet, select your preferred Fiat currency over the drop-down menu (F2) and enter deposits you made to your broker (currently Binance only) under Deposits (Date, Symbol, Amount, Purchase Price (optional) and Note (optional)).
- Set Base via the dropdown menu (C17:C21) and enter total allocation as percentage (position + DCA) under Total Base Allocation per Bot. Your total funds are displayed above in Total Deposits.
- Enter position allocation as a percentage value (simple number without %) to set up your bot’s position and dca allocation.
- Switch over to bot worksheet, select a cell and copy & paste your daily performance data from Apex (Date, Invested, Received, Dust, Fees, Won, Lost) using the edit bar. In order to obtain the layout / cell formatting it is important to paste your data only via the edit bar.
- Use drop-downs in "Compound" and "Mode" column to determine if and if yes, which compound mode should be used.
- Repeat step 4 and 5 to continue filling your companion with daily data for future use.
Depot - Price Movement
If entered under “Deposits”, ATC may use “Purchase Price” to include price movement in fiat profit calculation. You can set it for each bot individually by enabling or disabling the bot under “Total Deposits”.
To include price movements of all deposits to all active bots, check "Include Price Movement?" in "Balances All Bots". Remember to select only active (filled) bots and only in a row, like Bot1+2 or Bot 1+2+3+4 (no exceptions).
Compound and Type
Enable or disable compound by selecting "On" or "Off" via the drop-down menu under "Compound" (v column). Set your preferred mode via Type drop-down menu (Split, Position, Reserve (w column)). You can set compound and type for each day individually.
When running with compound disabled, your unused profits are summed up and displayed in the “Leftover Gains” field (C6).
With the help of this little calculator you can determine your position and dca allocation at a ratio you specify. Your current total allocation (D2) serves as the starting value of the calculation. Simply enter a percentage (as a normal number) under "Enter Position Ratio %".
Both allocations will then be displayed as under “Splitted Funds”, so that you can make quick adjustments at any time.
You may need to adjust your position or dca allocation (or both) in Apex due to various incidents (increase base-amount, buy BNB, withdrawals, etc.). You can manually adjust this change in ATC as needed (daily). New defined values (allocations) are included to calculations from the day of entry.
A manually set allocation always overrides the formula-calculated allocation in the corresponding columns (Position (‘Q’), DCA (‘S’)). You can set a manual position or DCA allocation as follows.
Switch to bot worksheet, go to the line of the day on which you want to set a manual allocation and enter the base value under "Manual Position Allocation" and / or "Manual DCA Allocation".
Like Apex itself (Allocation snapshot at 12am) values you set now will be used as the start allocation for that day - not as end of day allocation…difference!
To include monthly subscription fees ($35) to profit calculation simply choose how many months via dropdown menu (C13). “-” = disabled. The costs will be deducted automatically.
If you want to calculate how many dca levels with which multiplier you need what allocation for, the DCA Calculator could help you. You find it in “DCA” worksheet.
- Either select a bot (C3) which will then use current calculated allocations (position/dca) or simply enter custom values (C7,C8). Custom values are only considered for the calculation, as long as no bot (-) is selected.
- Enter “Position Allocation % Split” as percentage under “Position Size”.
- Enter under "DCA Level Multiplier" percentages as multiplier. Please pay attention to the number format as shown in the example data.
- The green cells will now tell you how many dca levels can be filled in how many positions with the values you’ve set or how much your total allocation will need to be.
Rename Your Sheets
You can rename bot sheets (B1, B2,…) to whatever you like but please don’t touch bot listing (B1, B2,…) in Total Base Allocation per Bot.
- Open your copy and go to Tools › Script editor)
- Copy the content of
CRYPTOFINANCE.gsand paste it in the script editor (replace any existing or non-existing content)
- Save the script with File › Save , name it CRYPTOFINANCE , then close the script editor
- Back to your Google sheet, refresh the page, a CRYPTOFINANCE menu will appear next to Help. Plugin installed, done.
I hope you’ll enjoy this little piece like i do, cheers
You’re missing a particular value to be calculated or you’ve came across an error? Let me know…